About Covid-19 Situation.
Prevent Covid-19 at Metro Bangkok Clinic.
- Single entrance
- All doctor and staffs wear masks and wash hands before-after every services.
- Provide alcohol base hand gels at various locations.
- Clean the doors and handles every time.
- Wipe the area in the clinic with an antiseptic every hour.
- Changing of bed linen every time after completion of treatment.
7 Step service guideline for screening and prevention Covid-19.
1. Providing screening before entrance to wellness center. Have to measure temperature (Not higher than 37.5°C), wash hands with alcohol and Patients have to wear a mask while using the service.
2. Set up a screening point to correct some information first with respect social distancing. Each seat a distance of 1.5-2 meters. Wipe clean with disinfectant.
3. Prepare medical records Screening, recording, questioning the history of potential customers. (Fever, respiratory symptom, running nose, cough, sneeze, breathing difficulty or chest discomfort)
4. Examination or consultation by doctor or nurse can receive 1 person per 1 doctor or nurse with distancing treatment
5. Separate operative services room for 1 person. The service providers wear face masks and gloves every time.
6. Payment / Dispensing of medication / Check up Provide online payment Prepare service introduction documents / receipt / appointment form In electronic form If paying by cash or have to deliver documents. Staff must wear gloves.
7. Must have separation of infected waste correctly.
What is Covid-19?
Covid-19 (Coronavirus disease or (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”)
Come from virus name "severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)"
The name coronavirus comes from its shape, which resembles a crown when observed with a microscope. Coronavirus is transmitted through the air and primarily infects the upper respiratory and gastrointestinal tract of mammals and birds. Though most of the coronaviruses only cause flu-like symptoms, SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV can infect both upper and lower airways and cause severe respiratory illness and other complications in humans.
This new COVID-19 resembles SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV and causes similar symptoms.
Unfortunately, there is no approved vaccine or antiviral treatment available for coronavirus infection.
A better understanding of the life cycle of COVID-19, including the source of the virus, how it is transmitted and how it replicates are needed to both prevent and treat the disease.
What symptoms that we should aware Covid-19 infection? When you can have the symptom ?
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
On average it takes 5–6 days from when someone is infected with the virus for symptoms to show, however it can take up to 14 days.